Published by PaintingChef on 27 Oct 2005 at 08:28 am
I’m not normally one to pass along forwarded emails and this may be a load of crap but…what if it isn’t? If there’s even the slightest chance it is true then I think that people need to know about it. So…I got this email from my next door neighbor and he got it from someone and so on and so on so you just never. know. But regardless, I’m passing it along to you all because damn! I love my furry babies and a quick clean up on my nasty ass floor just IS NOT worth taking a chance…
Or I could be totally wrong and be guilty of perpetuating one of those big internet myths…you know, whatever…
I recently had a neighbor who had their 5-year old German shepherd put
down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few
They had a necropsy done to see what the cause was. The liver levels
were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind.
The dog is kept inside, and when he’s outside, someone’s with him, so
the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.
My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he
got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning
which stated “may be harmful to small children and animals.”
He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent
are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the
ingredients. Actually he was told it’s a compound which is one
molecule away from antifreeze).
Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the
solution, then licking its own paws, it ingested enough of the solution
to destroy its liver.
Soon after his dog’s death, his housekeepers’ two cats also died of
liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on
their floors. Necropsies weren’t done on the cats, so they couldn’t
file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people
EVEN IF YOU DO NOT OWN A PET PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON!
5 Responses to “Just in CASE this is true…”